Mobile Application Development Costs Breakdown for Your Business App
The price of developing mobile applications differs depending on many variables. The price of developing mobile apps is mostly based on many factors, such as features, complexity, and platform. Different target audiences expect varying applications; which affects the price of developing the mobile app.
Let’s give a quick overview of the cost of developing an app and its key considerations.
Factors that determine app development cost
App Feature x Time x Hourly Rate = App Development Cost
Factors that affect the costs of app development
Functionalities and scope – What would be the functions of the app and what it will present to the customers, the platforms it will support, and whether it is designed for particular devices.
- Visuals – complex visuals greatly increase the cost.
- Third-party-integration – when an app is focused on its platform against taking data from another app, more development cost is required.
- Optimization – Hardware features such as GPS, NFC and motion sensors makes a substantial difference to the cost.
- Location – Cost is highly dependent on the country/location of the development. For instance, USA charges about $150 per hour approximately while in Europe Euro 130 per hour.
- Time Estimated – More time spent of the development costs you more.
- Maintenance – Continuous maintenance is demanded by the app.
Approximate Cost Estimate Instances
It must be kept in mind that the costs given here are only average estimates and that the reality may not be compliant with these figures.
- Educational Apps
The price of building a primary education app for children, including quality assessments, would be around $5,000 up to $15,000 for the more advanced ones including specific fields of study.
- Retail Apps
The cost ranges from $25,000 to $35,000 for small retail stores that can run up to hundreds of thousands of dollars for well-established chains.
- Healthcare Apps
36 percent spend less than $25,000 until launch, while 12 percent spend more than $500,000 on the budget. The average development price from design to launch is about $425,000, with almost half going to third-party app development agencies and freelancers. Estimates are for average prices only. For high-end applications, the costs may get higher.
- B2B Apps
Web hosting and bandwidth would be around $2,000, app design and development would be $5,000 going up to $35,000, and marketing and launch will be dependent on the scale of the events.
Cost Estimations for:
iPhone App Development
Android App Development
|The development price of iOS is influenced by the rigorous demands of Apple’s AppStore in terms of languages, formatting and the specifications of the iOS mobile app development toolkit.
Average cost to develop an iOS app – about $28k
Android app development expense wants you to consider a comparable set of variables, and you’ll need strong, all-around Android expertise. This involves demands and, most importantly, experience in working with Android-based custom operating systems.
Average cost to develop an Android app – about $23k
Latest posts by Arpatech (see all)
- Headcount vs FTE: Which resource management model is better? - September 17, 2019
- Transitioning from Managed Services to Staff Augmentation - September 16, 2019
- Top E-commerce Website Builder Options Reviewed For 2019 - September 13, 2019