How to Set Up RSS to Email Newsletter in WordPress
Do you have a mailing list operating along with your blog? If not, you should definitely think about setting up one. But how are you supposed to do that?
There are plenty of choices available when you’re prepared to start your email list or newsletter. You can compose the email content yourself, hire writers to do so, or perhaps you can’t even think about starting an email campaign because your daily to-do list just won’t handle another job to accomplish.
You’ll understand how to set up an RSS to email campaign for your WordPress blog by the end of this post. This post will educate you on how to use your blog’s RSS feed to create email campaigns, helping you see why you can’t afford to work with an RSS-email combination.
So, let us start by giving you a brief definition of RSS-email is all about.
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Wikipedia defines it as;
A type of web feed that enables users to access online content updates in a standardized, computer-readable format.”
In short, it’s a content “feed” that is meant to be read by an RSS aggregator/reader. This is a very easy way to compile new content from your favorite blogs into one convenient source
WordPress custom RSS feed may contain content such as blog posts, news articles, social content, podcast episodes, property listings, work vacancies, etc. Website content management systems (CMSs) such as WordPress create custom RSS feeds as a default and can be utilized without any additional configuration. It can be used to develop newsletter campaigns for sending new blog posts to your subscribers. Also, WordPress automatically generates an RSS feed listing on all your blog posts.
Why Set Up RSS Newsletter Campaign?
There are countless reasons and advantages of sending your subscribers periodic emails with your blog’s new content.
Provide New Content Update
Of course, the primary purpose of an RSS campaign is to share your fancy, new content with anyone who intends to read. By sending it to your focused subscriber list, you put your content in front of people who are willing to read it, or at least look at the title to consider reading it (make sure your titles are robust).
Keep the Audience Engaged
You can give your public a curated list of content that is useful to them and includes stuff like recommendations and calls to action that will give them some value. Providing value (substances that really help) is the best way to build a brand that individuals appreciate and want to interact with (e.g. purchase from).
Get Better at Writing Email Content
You can benefit from the actions your readers follow. An ESP will inform you how many emails have been opened and the rate of click-throughs for each email. From this, you can also tell which blog titles work, which are ignored, and which blog content convinces readers to go most efficiently with the proposed call-to-action.
Optimize Mail Schedules
Most RSS email campaigns allow marketers to set a scheduled time and date for the content to be mailed out to their list. For your specific group of subscribers, most good service providers will enable you to see which time of the day results in the greatest rate of emails being opened.
Benefits of WordPress RSS to Email
- By default, creating a custom RSS feed in WordPress is available.
- It is an excellent way to repurpose your content.
- Email RSS automates delivery, decreasing resource requirements.
- Engaging newsletters are a great way to expand subscribers
How to Set Up RSS to Email Newsletter in WordPress
Do you wish to send weekly roundup posts from your blog via email to your subscribers? Let’s look at how you can readily start an email newsletter to expand your own business and brand.
- To build RSS campaigns, visit the Campaigns page after signing into your MailChimp account. Click Create Campaign.
- Click Creating an Email in the appearing in the modal popup.
- Select Share blog updates in the Automated tab.
- Now you will be asked to indicate the name of a campaign and choose a list. Then click Start.
- Next, you need to state your RSS feed URL select your sending time. If you are not sure about your RSS feed URL, you can simply specify your blog URL.
- The time interval could be something like daily, weekly, or monthly. Choose your blog’s best sending time. You can pick the checkbox to resize your RSS feed images to match your template if you wish to.
- You’ll need to choose your list now and then specify your campaign details.
- You will be asked to pick a template in the next step. So, to make your email look simple and pretty.
- You can now begin tailoring your template to your personal preferences.
- Now add RSS items to the design panel. Click Enter Preview mode under the Preview and Test option to view the design.
- You can go back to the design panel and make the needed modifications according to your demands. Once you’re finished, you can press Start RSS to send your RSS campaign based on the schedule you’ve chosen.
Constraints of RSS to Email
The limitations are very much dependent on the service you use to deliver your content and what you want to accomplish. RSS to Email is ideal for basic automated content delivery when it is released to your subscribers.
When you wish to style RSS content in your newsletter, you need to make sure that the service you choose offers you the flexibility you need. Most ESPs will provide the capacity to style RSS components in your newsletter. However, most services only allow you to automate a single RSS feed in any newsletter. This presents you three alternatives if you want to automate more than one feed in one newsletter:-
- Incorporate the content into a single feed and provide your subscribers with all of your content from all sources, whether relevant or not.
- Create multiple newsletters — so if a subscriber has multiple interests, they will receive multiple newsletters. Not ideal for anyone’s inbox zero attempts.
- Use a service that is optimized to deliver various RSS feeds.
Most smaller newsletters use the first method, many newsletters opt for the second but a growing number are seeing the value of email newsletters in multi-RSS.